This is what I eat most days for breakfast: oats (made with water) with blueberries, and a little stevia on top. It’s simple, nutritious, and I like it.
My theory is that breakfast is the easiest meal to make healthy. This is because most days I wake up at my own home, so there’s none of that on-the-run stress that might occur later in the day (and send me running to a vending machine or fast food joint). Typical breakfasts are also generally cheap and easy, like porridge.
Some of my favourite toppings for my oats (which I like pretty dry) include:
- Blueberries or strawberries with stevia
- Grated carrots, cinnamon and maple syrup (think carrot cake taste)
- Peanut butter
- Coconut flakes or cream
- Ginger and stevia
- Cocoa powder and stevia (mixed in while cooking for a chocolate taste)
- Chopped nuts and chocolate drops
- Sugarfree jam
- Walnuts and caramel (for decadent days)
- Nutella and strawberries